The connection between devices now enjoys maximum compatibility because of the standards created and the solutions applied when they do not work very well. The best known in smartphones, tablets and televisions is Miracast, a content duplication technology that allows us to see in real time what is happening on the screen of another device. Today in this article we will explain you how to connect iPhone to Mi TV miracast.
◆ How to connect iPhone to Mi TV miracast?
Miracast is based on Wi-Fi Direct technology and uses the same network to be able to transmit content between devices.
On the other hand, in wireless technologies, we would find AirPlay within the Apple producer allowing us to view the content of their products on devices compatible with this technology such as the Apple TV. It works very well between Apple products, but when we find Android systems things change, as is the case with the Xiaomi Mi.
1. The first thing we have to do is install the ApowerMirror application in the Google Play of our Xioami TV.
2. Now, enter it. Here you can see the access panel.
- Now on your iPhone, we will also install the ApowerMirror app from the Apple Store.
- Now click on the application on your screen.
5. Now, enter the application and you will see a small icon’s at the Top to be able to share the screen. Now, click on it.
6. Here you will have to select the option what ever you want, you can connect through PIN CODE or QR SCAN on iphone.
- Now, the Xiaomi TV will appear on the screen.
- Press and you will see how the screen starts to split between the iPhone and your Xiaomi TV.
In this way you can duplicate the screen of your iPhone and at the same time see what is happening on the TV.
◆ How to connect iPhone to Mi TV miracast via Google Chromecast?
With the Google Chromecast dongle, a kind of USB stick that plugs into the TV, and the official Chromecast iOS app , you can stream YouTube videos or Netflix directly to your Mi TV. Similar to AirPlay from the Apple TV, the Chromecast app will show you an icon that you can then use to “cast” the movie to the TV.
You cannot transfer pictures from the photo app to the TV in this way – you must have created a photo album on Google yourself. So this method is more worthwhile for die-hard Google users who want to bring their content to the TV via iPhone. Alternatively, you can use the Photo Video Cast app to stream your vacation photos or videos to Chromecast.
- HDMI Smart TV Stick Chromecast
- Chromecast app
- Chromecast enabled TV
This is how streaming works:
- Install the Chromecast app on your iPhone.
- Connect the Google Chromecast dongle to your TV.
- Start casting from the Chromecast app.
CAST WITHOUT CHROME: HDMI DONGLES
Similar to Chromecast, you can find some no-name HDMI dongles online that can be controlled via AirPlay or DLNA. This is particularly interesting for you if your Mi TV alone is not DLNA or Wi-Fi Direct capable. The prices for the dongles are around €30. All you need is a Mi TV and a WiFi connection.
By the way: If you want to control your Amazon Fire TV Stick with AirPlay, look into the tube. For licensing reasons, Amazon does not allow this by default.
STREAMING WITH CHROMECAST ALTERNATIVES
- Connect the Chromecast alternative to the TV.
- Establish a WiFi connection between the iPhone and the HDMI dongle.
- Start broadcasting with Airplay.
If your TV is DLNA or Wi-Fi Direct capable, we recommend using a DLNA app like TV Assist to stream your iPhone content to the Smart TV. The apps only cost a few euros and worked perfectly in the tests. If you want to enjoy “real” AirPlay mirroring, you can’t avoid an Apple TV. This is a larger investment, but streaming
I’m sourav, from Kolkata. A tech lover and love to answer any tech-related queries. I just try answering all questions like my problem.