When you archive a mail message on Gmail, it disappears from the main page to receive notifications and goes to Archive. Still, on the other hand, there is no tab or category named Archive in Gmail, and therefore it will be difficult for you to find this message. So, today in this article, we will explain how to find archived emails in Gmail.
Here I’m using my Email ID to give you a proper solution with a step-by-step guide.
Quick Answer: Open Gmail> Login> Open left side menu>(Click More if it was PC) Click All Mail> Find your Archive file.
◆ How to find archived emails in Gmail on iPhone and PC?
There is more than one way through which you can find the archived messages. One by one, we’ll give you both solutions if you’re using iPhone and a PC or laptop.
How to find archived emails in Gmail on iPhone?
1. On the mobile, go to the Gmail app and then click on the three parallel lines on the top bar’s left side.
2. A list of options will appear for you; choose All Mail,
3. All messages will be displayed on your account, and you can find your Archived mail from here.
Because this is my personal email account, I used all notification-type emails as an example. You just follow the same steps to find your Archived emails.
How to find archived emails in Gmail on a PC?
first: accessing all the messages on the mail and then searching for your message, which is cumbersome.
The second method is based on the upper search box using some codes, and this method may be the most difficult, but in the end, it is the fastest.
Method 1. Using All mail:
It is not much difference between the web and the application, and we start with the computer; let’s see:
1. Enter the Gmail website and log into your account.
2. Now, from the side menu, click More,
3. Again, from the side menu on Gmail, click on the All Mail icon,
4. Here, you can see all mail with Archived mail. It will be displayed directly.
Method 2. Usinng Gmail search box:
As we mentioned earlier, the Gmail email does not have a tab named Archive, and you can use the top search box to reach the desired message.
There are some requirements to be able to do that, the first of which is to know the dated message and its content, the name of the sender, or the email from which the message was sent.
in:Sent -in:Draft -in:Inbox has: nouserlabels.
If this code is available, copy it and then go to the search box, whether in the web or the application, add it, and this means access to all the messages that have reached you on the main page of the mail and do not contain any classification.
Wait a few seconds, and you will see all messages that are not added in any category; therefore, they will be limited only to archived messages.
How long do archived emails stay in Gmail?
Gmail will not be deleting your emails until you delete them, don’t worry if you archived your email.
But, Only messages that are deleted are removed from the Trash after 30 days.
How to unarchived emails in Gmail on iPhone?
You have to follow three simple steps to do it:
1. Open your Gmail app and click the three dots from the top left corner,
2. Then click all mail,
3. Find the mail that you want to Unarchive, then tab and hold to select email,
3 Then click three dots from the top right corner. And click on Move to Inbox.
Following these steps, you can back your archived emails to your mail Inbox. And you probably got your answer.
Ans.. Whatever way you will access the archived messages, if you access them, you may need them again in the future. You can cancel the archiving of this message and thus return to the main page in all mail.
- Go to archived messages in the previous ways.
- Enter the archived message.
- You will find a top bar containing a set of icons.
- Click on the cancel archiving icon or move the message to the main mail.
- A window containing all the tabs available in your mail will appear.
- Choose the primary mail Inbox for the transfer to take place.
You should pay close attention to the presence of great similarity between the icon for moving messages to the main mail in Gmail and the archive icon, and you have to choose the first.
Ans. You follow the same steps as I discussed on iPhone part:
- Log in to the archived message.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the top bar.
- A list of options will appear, from which to choose Move To Inbox.
Ans.3. It will then be easier for you to access these messages in return for the difficulty of accessing the archived messages, according to the following steps:
- Log in to the Gmail website.
- Press and hold on to the message to be transferred on the main mail page.
- A mail transfer icon will appear in the top bar; click on it.
- A list will appear containing the names of the folders; choose from them what you want to transfer to.
- Either through the application, whether Android or iPhone:
- Log in to the application.
- Go to the message page.
- Click on the three side dots.
- A Move To option will appear; click on it.
- A list of available folders will appear. Move to one of them.
Ans. The reasons for doing this differ from one person to another. Some see that the message they received does not need it at present and, at the same time, do not want to delete it and also do not want to see it in the main mail because it will lead to a distraction from other messages, so he wants to Archive it.
And some wish to hide this message because of its importance to him and so that the mischief-makers do not reach it, so they can use the same device that contains the mail and thus archive the message instead of deleting it.
And some did the wrong archiving of the mail; he intended to transfer the message or forward it, but I mistakenly pressed the Archive, and the message disappeared immediately, thinking it had been erased. We will explain how to access it and return it again as well.
- Log in to the Gmail website, and do not forget to log into your account.
- Select the messages you want to move to the Archive on the main mail page.
- Put a checkmark in the box next to each message.
- Through the top bar, click on the archive icon.
- You will find its design in the form of a box with an arrow down.
- You will find that these messages disappeared directly without any logos.
- Log in to the Gmail app on the phone.
- On the main page, long press on the messages to be archived.
- A check mark will appear on the message.
- You can repeat the command with other messages by touching, not pressing, and holding.
- A group of icons will appear in the upper bar of the messages.
- The first icon contains the box symbol and has a down arrow, click on it.
- It will also be archived directly, and the messages will disappear.
I’m sourav, from Kolkata. A tech lover and love to answer any tech-related queries. I just try answering all questions like my problem.