The Facebook Dating area has been around since October 2020. The social media giant wants to help singles find happiness in love . After all, Facebook has been an integral part of our lives for many years. Oh, you don’t even know the dating area yet ? No wonder. Facebook itself doesn’t talk much about it and you can only find the feature in the Facebook app. So, today in this article we will explain you how to activate facebook dating.
◆ How to activate facebook dating?
According to Facebook, the dating function has already resulted in 1.5 billion matches. Of course, this only means that potentially well-matched partners were calculated and shared the mutual interest.
The feature is only available via the official Facebook app and not via the desktop version. Unlike other dating apps where searchers have to pay to get their profile featured or likes, Facebook Dating is completely free. To activate facebook dating, follow the below steps:
Step 1: In the first step, open the Facebook app and tap on the three lines at the top right to open the menu.
Step 2: Now enter the dating menu. Depending on which features you have previously used, the dating section may be located below.
The name in the profile cannot be changed, but other personal information can. This is how Facebook wants to prevent abuse. Multiple profiles and false identities, which are quite common on other dating platforms, will remain the exception on Facebook.
In the last step, the profile can be adjusted again manually – because maybe you don’t want to be seen immediately with the photos from the last carnival.
◆ Is Facebook similar to Tinder?
Then the search for the person close to your heart can begin. The operation of the feature is known from other dating apps. Swiping to the left for “no, not interested” and to the right for “I think you’re cool” has also become established here. The matches come about through similarities such as interests, events or groups.
If a match is found, both can now communicate with each other via chat. A video call or audio chat is also possible and speeds up getting to know each other (or sorting things out). All users over the age of 18 can use the dating function. That’s good to know, because under 18s can also use Facebook. Incidentally, Facebook reserves the right to only allow users for dating whose profiles are in “good condition”. Is the profile out of date?
◆ Facebook Dating: Instagram followers can also be dated
Instagram has been part of the Facebook group for several years. So it also makes sense that these two apps would overlap and benefit from each other. Therefore, Facebook Dating has another special feature: users can also have Instagram followers displayed as matches.
To do this, the general settings have to be adjusted – otherwise nobody in the normal Facebook environment will notice and you won’t be displayed as a match yourself. This is especially important if you want to keep the love search on Facebook under the radar.
Anyone who likes to reveal a lot about themselves can share current events with potential matches via Facebook or Instagram stories and thus present themselves in a particularly true-to-life way.
Basically, the more you reveal about yourself and your interests, the more matches and choices there will be. The chance of finding like-minded people is even greater with this feature.
◆ How to activate facebook dating?
One by one, Facebook Dating will start recommending profiles. To see your recommendations, open the Dating area of the Facebook app at any time.
- To let the person know you like them, press the heart icon on their profile, or tap the X to continue. You can start a discussion with them if they reciprocate your feelings.
- You’ll get notifications when other people like your profile. To send a direct message, tap the heart on their profile to like them back.
- By tapping Matches at the top of the app, you can view your matches and chats.
- Answer random questions that will help Facebook improve your match suggestions by scrolling to the bottom of your profile and tapping Answer Question.
- You can change how the Facebook Dating app works for you by changing a few options.
- To access the settings, tap the cog on the screen where Facebook offers a profile.
- You can define your selection criteria for potential partners under the Ideal Match page. You can control what appears on your profile by going to the General tab.
- Tap the ellipse (…) next to Instagram to link your Instagram account.
- To share your Facebook and Instagram stories, tap Connect Story, then one (or both) of the Connect buttons.
◆ New feature of Facebook Dating
With the “Secret Crush Feature” you can allow matches with people you are already connected to on Facebook or Instagram. People from your own Facebook environment can even be put on the Secret Crush list. Only when the secret crush does exactly the same thing does a match happen. If there is no match, the list does not remain visible – a pleasant protection for privacy.
So you have little to lose. Just try it, it could be good, right? Fall is approaching and it’s getting harder to meet someone while chilling in the sun. Facebook Dating can be a good alternative. Good luck, hot flirts and maybe even great love.