All browsers today offer incognito mode. Incognito mode allows user to surf internet in private mode. It does not left any browsing history or download history. So, today in this article we will explain you how to open incognito tab on Mac.
◆ How to open incognito tab on Mac?
In incognito mode, Safari does not store any history of your Internet activity, such as pages visited, search data, and autofill. This way you can keep your session private. In this post, we’ll show you how to enable incognito Browsing in Safari by default.
In normal mode, the Safari browser saves your browsing website history, auto-fill data for various forms, changes to cookies, search results, and a list of downloads. Setting “Private Sharing” by default can be useful on computers shared by multiple people, such as a work Mac that isn’t assigned to a specific employee.
How to enable Safari’s “incognito tab” on Mac?
- Launch your Safari browser.
- At the top, you can see the File option.Just click on “File”.
- Here you can see the the “New Private Window“, click on it.
- Yes, it’s done. You can see your Private Browsing Enabled.
Incognito allows you to browse the web without leaving a trace. Google Chrome, Firefox, Chrome-based Edge, and Safari all include a incognito mode. Incognito mode does not store browsing history, cookies, temporary internet files, site settings, and passwords. However, you can save your bookmarks in private browsing mode and keep the downloaded files.
Keep in mind that incognito prevents information from being stored on your computer while you are browsing, but it does not make you anonymous on the web. Your internet provider and the websites you visit may still be able to track you.
After these steps, close Preferences and restart Safari. The next time you start the browser, it will work in Private Access mode, a message about this will appear at the top of the window.
How to open a incognito tab in Chrome on Mac?
To access incognito tab in Chrome on Mac:
- Click the Menu button in the upper right corner of your browser window. Next, the New incognito window.
- Press “Shift + Command + N” for Mac.
- Select a new secret window in Chrome.
- If you have Chrome on your taskbar, right-click the icon and select New incognito window.
- Select Chrome’s New Secret Window on the taskbar.
How to open incognito tab in Firefox on Mac?
To access Firefox’s incognito mode on Mac:
- Click the menu button in the upper-right corner of your browser window. Next, New incognito mode.
- Press “Command + P” for Mac.
- If you have Firefox on your taskbar, right-click the icon and select New incognito tab.
How to open incognito tab in Microsoft Edge on Mac?
To access incognito tab on the new Microsoft Edge on Mac :
- Click the Menu button in the upper-right corner of your browser window.
- Next, the New incognito tab.
How to open a incognito tab in Safari on Macbook pro?
To access incognito tab in Safari on your Mac, go to the following steps:
- File> New Private Window , or press Shift + Command + N.
- Select New incognito tab in Safari on Mac.
In most cases, if your browser uses incognito tab, you can open your browser in incognito tab by default.
◆ Other Methods to open incognito tab on Mac
Many users are concerned about the protection of their lives on the Internet and take various actions to this end. Apple electronics owners know that the history of visited sites is stored on all tablets, computers and smartphones synchronized with each other. In order to hide this information from unauthorized persons, the company has developed the “incognito tab” function for its browser.
- Using private access results in changes to how the program works.
- Open sites are no longer saved in iCloud, therefore, they are not displayed on other devices.
- Disables autocomplete and remember user queries.
- When using smart search, recent searches are not taken into account.
- The list of downloads will not show the downloaded files, but they will be saved on the device.
- The browser sends a message to sites to stop tracking user activity.
- Cookies and other data are not saved.
- Each open tab of the program is isolated from others and does not transmit any information.
- It is worth noting that in incognito mode, some sites may not work correctly.
Enabling this mode in the Safari browser on Mac computers and laptops can be done one-time in a separate window or constantly when the program is launched. There are several ways to enable this feature in a separate window.
Method number 1. Opening a separate tab through “File”
- In order to enable the feature, you must:
- Click the “File” button at the top of the program.
- Select “New Private Window”.
Method number 2. Hot keys
You can also quickly launch a tab by simultaneously pressing Shift + Command + N.
Method number 3. Through the settings
- Select “Settings” in the upper right corner (gear icon).
- Press the button “Private access …”.
- You will be prompted to enable private browsing.
- Press “OK”.
After completing the steps in any way, a new window will open in which anonymous work on the network will be carried out. To make sure that the mode is really enabled, you need to pay attention to the address bar. On the right the inscription will burn: “PRIVATE”.
I’m sourav, from Kolkata. A tech lover and love to answer any tech-related queries. I just try answering all questions like my problem.