It is convenient to bookmark websites that you frequently visit or pages that you want to remember in Safari on your iPhone. By creating bookmarks, you don’t have to search the website every time, and you can access it at any time with a tap. So, in this article, we will explain you how to bookmark on iphone to save websites in browser.
◆ How to bookmark on iphone to save websites in browser ?
To add a bookmark in Safari for iOS, tap the Share button from the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap Add Bookmark.
Tap the action button
- Display the Safari tab bar and tap the action button. If you don’t see the tab bar, tap the bottom of the screen or scroll up to see it.
Tap “Add bookmark”
- In the share sheet (shared sheet, activity view controller), tap Add bookmark.
Specify a location and save
- Set the website name and destination location (bookmark folder), then tap Save.
Bookmark is added
- This completes the bookmark addition operation. The bookmark will be added and you will be returned to the page you were viewing immediately before.
◆ How to Adding site to “Favorites” makes it easier to access?
If you want to add a bookmark to “Favorites”, tap Add to Favorites on the share sheet.
You can add bookmarks to the folders set in “Favorites” by tapping Add to Favorites → Save in the same way as adding a normal bookmark. This is the recommended bookmark addition method when you want to make the website or page easier to access.
By the way, “Favorites” is the bookmark screen that is displayed when creating a new tab in Safari, and by default, the bookmark folder called “Favorites” is set to be displayed.
“Favorites” ≠ “Favorites”
It’s easy to get confused because Apple uses the same word for the “Favorites” screen and the “Favorites” bookmarks folder, but they are different concepts. For the bookmark folder displayed on the “Favorites” screen, you can select a folder other than the “Favorites” bookmark folder.
◆“Favorites” can be edited / deleted / changed in order
- You can edit / delete the bookmark displayed on this “Favorites” screen by long-pressing it. You can also change the order by dragging the icons.
- Editing / deleting bookmarks on the “Favorites” screen also affects the bookmark folder set in “Favorites” (the default folder is set to “Favorites”).
- For example, if you delete a bookmark on the “Favorites” screen, the bookmark will also be deleted from the bookmark folder set to “Favorites”.
- If you don’t want to see your bookmarks every time you open a new tab, you can hide your bookmarks using the method described.
◆ How to change/hide the bookmark displayed in safari browser ?
Use the bookmark editing function to rearrange and delete bookmarks and folders, and change the destination folder.
- Show bookmarks
- Bookmark button on the tab barTap. The “Bookmarks” screen opens, so move to the folder hierarchy that contains the bookmarks and folders you want to edit.
- Tap “Edit”
- When you reach the page that contains the bookmark or folder you want to edit, tap Edit at the bottom right.
- When the “Reading List” screen or “Shared Link” screen opens, the bookmark button on the left side of the menu at the top of the screenYou can display the “Bookmark” screen by tapping.
- Edit bookmark
- You are now in bookmark edit mode.
- Three-line iconItems marked with can be changed in order by dragging them up or down. You can also delete bookmarks and folders by tapping the delete icon on the far left- → Delete.
- You can also delete the bookmark or folder name by swiping left and tapping Delete.
- Tap a bookmark or folder to change the save location or edit the name.
To create a new bookmark folder, tap the new folder at the bottom left of the bookmark edit screen, enter the folder title (name), and select the folder location.
◆ How to delete bookmark in Safari on iPhone ?
- Step 1 : Go to Safari browser > Click on the book image icon.
- Step 2 : Click on the clean book icon > Select Favorites.
- Step 3 : Find the stamp page you want to delete, press and hold for 1 second.
- Step 4 : Select Delete the trash can icon.
I’m sourav, from Kolkata. A tech lover and love to answer any tech-related queries. I just try answering all questions like my problem.