The calendar app on your iPhone device lets you create and share events with your friends and family. Whether it’s an important meeting at work or a weekend getaway with loved ones, creating and sharing calendar events can be a huge help. If you want to give it a go, learn how to share calendar events on iPhone and iPad. So, today in this article we will explain you how to share a calendar event on iphone.
◆ How to share a calendar event on iphone ?
- Open the Calendar app on your iPhone.
- Click the ‘ +’ icon in the upper right corner to create a new event. Or if you’ve already created an event, click to open the event you want to share.
- Add Title and Location for New Event.
- Now tap on Invites.
- Add the email or contact number of the person you want to invite to your event.
- Tap Done to send the invitation.
◆ How to share calendar events or an entire calendar ?
If we want to send an invitation for a unique event (birthday, dinner, work, etc…), we must access the calendar and select the date we want. We can customize our event with a title, place, date, time or even if we want to be notified by an alarm. But we can also, thanks to the guests section, add whoever we want simply with their email addresses.
Immediately the guests will receive a notification in their calendars with the event itself, giving us the possibility of:
- To accept.
- Or click Maybe.
A unique, fast and effective way to be able to organize our events in the iOS calendars, with which we can invite interested people simply with their email.
If we want to go one step further and we want to have an ENTIRE calendar shared with a member of our family, friend or partner, we can also do it by following these simple steps:
- We access the calendar on our iPhone , iPad or Mac.
- Click on “Calendars” to see which ones we have synchronized on our computers.
- Click on “Edit” that is in the upper left and go to “Add Calendar”.
- We put the name we want to our new shared calendar, select the color and press OK.
- We return to the section where all our calendars are and select the one we just created to edit its settings.
- This time we find a new section to “Add People”, where we can add the members of our shared calendar simply with their email.
In this way we can better organize our agendas without having to constantly ask others if we have something scheduled or not.
◆ How to accept calendar invitations on iPhone ?
- Open the Calendar app and tap Inbox in the bottom right.
- There will appear three options with the invitation you have received.
- Click Accept to accept the invitation. If you select Can, it means you postpone the event to reply later. Click Decline to cancel the invitation.
- To view shared events you’ve declined in the past.
- If you’ve declined any events before, you’ll still be able to view them. To see it in the inbox section, follow these quick steps!
- Tap Calendar – the middle option at the bottom in the calendar app.
- Tick the Show rejected events option and then tap Done to save the changes.
◆ How to Manage All Shared Calendar Events on iPhone ?
- In the Calendar app, go to Inbox.
- Select the Responded tab to get a list of shared events.
- Tap an event to view information, or choose from Accept , Possible , and Decline to respond to that event.
Create an iCloud calendar
Before sharing your iCloud calendar, let’s create an iCloud calendar first. Open the “Calendar” app and tap “Calendar” below. Then press “Add Calendar”.
Open the “Calendar” app and tap “Calendar” below (left). Then click “Add Calendar” (right).
Enter the name of the calendar and tap “Done”. You can create an iCloud calendar by clicking “Finish” again.
Enter the name of the calendar and tap “Done” (left). Continue to press “Finish” (right)
Share iCloud calendar
Let’s add other people to the iCloud calendar you created earlier and share the calendar.
Open the “Calendar” app and tap “Calendar” below. Press the “i” next to the calendar you just created in the “ICLOUD” field to add a share partner.
Open the “Calendar” app and tap “Calendar” below. Tap “i” next to the calendar you want to share in the “ICLOUD” field (left). Let’s add an individual (right).
Enter your name or email address in “To” or tap the “+” button to enter your contact information. Then, the person you want to share will be displayed in “Shared partner”, so click “Finish”. This will send a participation request email to the other party, and when the other party joins the calendar, you can share the iCloud calendar.
Enter your name or email address in “To”, or tap the “+” button to enter your contact information (left). Check the person you want to share with and tap “Done” (right).
If you want to change the access right to the shared calendar, tap the “i” button next to the shared calendar to open “View and Edit” of the person you are sharing with. If “Allow editing” is turned on, the other party can also change the calendar. If you want to stop sharing your calendar, do “Stop Sharing” below.
Tap the “i” button next to the shared calendar to open “View and Edit” of the person you are sharing with (left). If “Allow editing” is turned on, the other party can also change the calendar (right).
Sharing your calendar on iCloud makes it easier to schedule appointments with others. It’s easier to understand if you use different calendars and change the name for each calendar.