Apple has officially released the iOS 13 update , this is an important update with a lot of changes. So, today we will guide you on how to update iphone 6 to iOS 13.
◆ How to update iphone 6 to ios 13 ?
iPadOS is essentially an iOS 13 update refreshed by Apple with a number of features that make it more suitable for the large screen interface on the iPad.
Notable features on the official iOS 13 update
Dark Mode: Provides a black interface to help users avoid eye strain when using, especially at night.
New volume adjustment interface: The volume bar on iOS 13 has been redesigned to look more square, and is placed next to the right edge instead of in the middle like previous versions.
The Safari Download Manager is refreshing, can download multiple files at the same time and track download progress (speed, download time).
Which devices are updated to iOS 13, iPadOS officially ?
iOS 13 supports iPhone models such as:
- iPhone 11 Pro Max(with iOS 13 pre-installed when sold).
- iPhone 11 Pro(with iOS 13 pre-installed when sold).
- iPhone 11 (with iOS 13 pre-installed when sold).
- iPhone Xs Max.
- iPhone Xs.
- iPhone XR.
- iPhone X.
- iPhone 8 Plus.
- iPhone 8.
- iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPhone 7.
- iPhone 6s Plus.
- iPhone 6s.
- iPhone SE.
iPadOS supports tablets such as:
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation.
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd generation.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation.
- iPadPro 11 inch.
- iPad Pro 10.5 inch.
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch.
- iPad 6th generation.
- iPad 5th generation.
- iPad Air 3.
- iPad Air 2.
- iPad mini 5.
- iPad mini 4.
Instructions to update iphone 6 to iOS 13, ipadOS right on iphone, ipad
To update and install iOS 13 and iPadOS, follow these instructions:
- On iPhone/iPad, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Click download and Install (the download process is fast or slow depending on the network speed) > Then click Install to start the iOS 13 upgrade process.
The iOS 13 update is roughly around 2.83 GB (on the iPhone X), which could be higher or lower for other devices.
Instructions for updating and manually installing iOS 13, iPadOS
- On your computer,click hereto access the iOS 13/iPadOS installation file download website.
- Select the name of your device (note to select the correct device name) > Then download the corresponding iOS 13 installation file.
- On the computer, launch iTunes software, if you don’t have it, click here to download iTunes.
- Click the phone icon to connect iPhone/iPad with iTunes. Note that you need to unlock the device screen before connecting.
- Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard, then select Check for Updates on the iTunes interface > Select the iOS 13 file you just downloaded in Step 1.
- Now your iPhone/iPad will be updated to the latest version.
Note: Do not disconnect the iPhone/iPad lightning cable from the computer, do not use the device during the installation process.
◆ How to update iPadOS ? Which devices can be updated to iPadOS ?
You can update iPadOS via wireless connection. For this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Access the General section.
- Enter the Software Update section.
You must have seen the iPadOS 13.1 update coming. You can start the update process by clicking the Download and Install button.
Don’t forget to backup your iPad before starting the update. You can back up via iTunes by connecting it to a computer, or you can back up on iCloud if you have enough space.
In the meantime, your device’s battery should be at least 50 percent. It may be in your best interest to keep your iPad charged during the update to avoid any problems.
You can update iPadOS if you have one of the following devices:
- 12.9 inch iPad Pro
- 11 inch iPad Pro
- 10.5 inch iPad Pro
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
I’m sourav, from Kolkata. A tech lover and love to answer any tech-related queries. I just try answering all questions like my problem.