Choose the right or the best answer to the following questions (25 Points; 30 minutes) and shade (color) them in the given box.
- The bending of rock without breaking is called
A. jointing B. folding C. faulting D. fracturing
- The vast single continent present about 200 million years ago is called
A. Pangaea B. Tethys C. Panthalassa D. Gondwana
- The process by which a lithospheric plate descends into the mantle is called continental
A. drift B. sea-floor spreading C. subduction D. faulting
- The two most abundant elements in the Earth’s core, by weight, are iron and
A. nickel B. oxygen and silicon C. carbon and oxygen D. hydrogen and helium
- The approximate thickness of the continental crust is about
A. 2-5 km B. 40-70 km C. 100-200 km D. 2000-3000 km
- An atom that has 20 protons and 20 neutrons in its nucleus has this atomic number
A. 20 B. 40 C.400 D. 10
- In which type of chemical bonding are electrons shared between adjacent atoms?
A. ionic; B. subatomic; C. covalent; D. isotopic
- Which of the following igneous rocks exhibit phaneritic texture?
A. granite, gabbro; B. andesite, rhyolite; C. andesite, diorite; D. rhyolite, gabbro
- Explosive volcanic eruptions are likely to occur when the magmas involved are
A. very low in silica, basic; B. very high in silica, andesitic or rhyolitic.
C. very hot and fluid; D. very hot and very low in silica.
- This type of cone has a very steep slope, small in size and is composed of volcanic material.
A. composite cones; B. shield cones; C. cinder cones; dome cones rocks that contain many pebbles and gravels are called
- B) folding
- B)OXYGEN & SILICON
- B)40-70 KM
- A)GRANITE, GABBRO
- B)Very high in silica, ANDESITIC or RHYOLITIC
- C)CINDER CONES